Sunday, November 25, 2012

Doggie Love and Health Benefits

I'm sitting here at my computer with my Chihuahua, Toy Poodle & Brussells Griffon sitting right next to me. Actually, the Brussells is my daughter's fur-baby but he's been at our house a good bit so when he's here I claim him as mine....Mr Personality, that's for sure! When he looks at us we can tell that he's 'talking' to us but we just can't hear him. I've read articles saying how a Brussells appears to have human qualities....I do have to agree! Nugget, short for Chicken Nugget, was 13 years old last month. She's our little old lady and definitely owns my heart; she's such a precious, mellow Chihuahua and always has been. Nugget never has had the typical nervous personality of a Chihuahua. I can tell that she hasn't been feeling very well lately, it just started turning cooler outside and Nugget is not a fan of the cold weather...not one single bit. She's been taking heart meds for over 2 years and has done very well. Bella is our apricot toy poodle; she's 5 years old which is the same age as Wilson, the Brussells Griffon. She is a cuddley little love bug...such a sweetheart and so precious, so pretty. My husband and I thoroughly enjoy all three of these bundles of love and are so glad they are in our family.

I was searching online for interesting pet info to read and found a list of ways a pet improves a pet owner's health; I really wanted to share it here on my blog. I do know one thing for sure, and that is how our pets sure make my husband and I feel better, calmer & make us laugh...and we all know that laughter is the best medicine of all. We end up spending more time outdoors getting fresh air as well as play 'Catch me if you can.'....which I have to consider a bit a cardio. I also think that our loeable fur-babies fill the void after our children grew up and moved on into their own young adult lives.

Here is that list I wanted to share with you along with a link to Dog Time where I found this interesting info:

Benefits of having dogs for pets

1. Lower blood pressure
2. Reduce stress
3. Lower your risk for heart attacks
4. Lower your risk for strokes
5. Prevent and cure depression
6. Help keep you physically fit
7. Develop fewer allergies
8. Strengthen your immunity to allergies
9. Improve mental health
10. Build stronger bones

Thanks for dropping in....Hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts and seeing the pix of our little darlings, that is if I can get the pictures downloaded (my computer is having some issues...grrrrr).

 ~*~ Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment